OSS Search Engines

  • Subject: OSS Search Engines
  • From: Hadron Quark <qadronhuark@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 01:10:43 +0200
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:F34fYjGM1AJTF1rwRNnlE1Kptdw=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

What happened to the development of IURON?

http://iuron.com/

According to its web site:

,----
| The fundamental approach to tacking the problem is not overly complicated.
`----

and that

,----
| The goal is certainly feasible,
`----

and coupled with

,----
| Iuron is an Open Source project, rapid assemblage and construction of
| the libraries would be rapid, making use of existing projects that fall
| under the General Public Licence (GPL).
`----

One would have thought that with all the plausible ideas:

,----
| There are a variety of plausible ideas
`----

that it would be done by now?

But no. In true OSS style it has even reinvented the Wiki:

http://iuron.com/discussion/

And this is "Version 1" chaps & chappesses.

All fur coat and no knickers.

But at least Bill Fates agrees with its agenda .....

,----
| While I am not fond of Bill Gates (to say the very least), he confirms
| the opinions and views which have been expressed in the Iuron manifesto
| last year.
`----

http://iuron.com/discussion/index.php?Existing%20initiatives

Interesting enough idea : but done already I thought?

Still, it least its some more web hits.

--
Do not exceed recommended dosage.