Re: [News] Open Source and Mainframes Hand-in-Glove

__/ [ BearItAll ] on Friday 15 September 2006 09:04 \__

http://searchdatacenter.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid80_gci1215521,00.html

>>> Absolutely right, the key being not so much the ability to tap into ready
>>> made classes as mentioned in the article, that's more a tool, the real
>>> key is the gradual but real build up of excitement in software
>>> development. Generate excitement and you generate innovation, then the
>>> two accumulate on the backs of each other. It's a snowball and is already
>>> a big one.
>>>
>>> We got told on here in a post that Linux could never over take MS, well I
>>> would say that we already have almost everything in place.
>>>
>>> The great civilisations all died out very quickly...
>>

>> Do you know the work PITHY?
>>
>> YAWN....
>>

> You didn't have to read it and weren't forced to respond. You did so
> because you wanted to, which means that my post had value to you.

I found your post educational and intersting. Sorry I don't respond all that
often (rarely do I find the time because new threads seem to serve us better
(read: deter astroturfers), so they take a priority). Long posts require
sufficiently lengthy replies, IMO.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "How do I set my laser printer on stun?"
Tasks: 126 total,   1 running, 123 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie