Re: [News] EU-US Antiturst Address Issue of DRM, Lockins, Impact on Competition and Innovation

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 14 September 2006 20:35 \__

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20060913:MTFH29986_2006-09-13_23-02-45_N138001&type=comktNews&rpc=44
>> http://tinyurl.com/lxsvn
>
> US government hates competition, and will certainly try to prevent any
> competition for US market monopolists if it possibly can.  Expect to see
> more threats directed at the EU as the EU looks to deal with US-based
> monopolies.  You know, the ones which the US should be dealing with, but
> won't...

They say that rural America (think Texans and Republicans) are fairly
secluded in the sense that America is seen as the centre of the world. I
would expect something different from a regime that is more open to
collaboration... had only the Democrats been in power. But still, they are
all funded by tycoons and monopolists. Even Google has got lobbying working
for it now. And it has just liaised the astroturfers firms, as well as hired
spooks (Matt Cutts). This O/S situation, as well as software development,
goes much further than one would hope. And it's a shame because I hate
talking politics, industry and finance.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Free 3-D Othello: http://othellomaster.com
 12:05pm  up 57 days  0:17,  9 users,  load average: 0.43, 0.36, 0.36