Re: Want to be Google? Check out this oss toolkit

__/ [ clintonG ] on Wednesday 13 September 2006 05:16 \__

>> __/ [ John Bailo ] on Tuesday 12 September 2006 17:56 \__
>>
>>> Take a look at the examples of this OSS javascript toolkit.
>>>
>>> http://dojotoolkit.org/
>>>
>>> Not much you can't do!  And it implements a clean AJAX library as well!
>>
>> In recent days, I read about several projects that adopt Dojo and rave
>> about
>> the final outcome. Microsoft's Atles is coming up soon. Wouldn't surprise
>> me
>> if it's MSIE-only... *burp*
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Roy
>
> I'm curious about open-source libraries myself. I'm just getting into Atlas
> and it seems to me Microsoft is trying to "innovate by obfuscation" with a
> Javascript grammar that reads like some goofy neo-Visual Basic.
>
> <%= Clinton Gallagher
>         NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
>         URL http://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com/
>         MAP 43°2'17"N  88°2'37"W : 43°2'17"N  88°2'37"W

Be sure to see the Ajax toolkits from other vendors as well. I'd be careful
in embracing Google because they snub Web standards and validation tests as
well (for speed gains through bandwidth).

Extract from an E-mail message source, sent by my boss (he uses Outlook
2003):

@list l0:level2
        {mso-level-text:"%1\.%2";
        mso-level-tab-stop:none;
        mso-level-number-position:left;
        mso-level-legacy:yes;
        mso-level-legacy-indent:0pt;
        mso-level-legacy-space:7.2pt;
        margin-left:0pt;
        text-indent:0pt;}

Needless to say, that's not CSS. It's MS 'CSS'.

These E-mails are ~40KB in size. But they are one-liners. Amazing.

Best wishes,

Roy

PS - I had a little typo in Atlas.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Oracle: Linux adoption to accelerate
Tasks: 144 total,   1 running, 142 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie