Re: people changing jobs

  • Subject: Re: people changing jobs
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 09:26:29 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Tim Smith ] on Wednesday 13 September 2006 01:25 \__

> Some people here seem to unaware of how the real world works with regard
> to jobs.  At pretty much any decent sized tech company, there will be
> several senior people leaving each year, and several senior people
> joining.

Gates? Allchin? (among many others at executive level)

Face it, buddy: the core is breaking. And those two never intended to retire
early. They just can't help feeling like their career progression goes
backwards. People want Ballmer out, as well. And a senior developer, who has
always dreams of working at Microsoft, has just quit and said:

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista looks like a pile of crap compared to Mac OS X and Ubuntu with
| GLX. Their software is buggy, overpriced, and stress inducing. Their
| development tools are staid, designed and developed by committees to
| solve every problem you could ever conceive of, while being ideally
| suited to solving none.
`----

http://peterwright.blogspot.com/2006/09/good-bye-microsoft-pete-has-now-left.html

He's not alone in taking these positions. Those who are familiar with the
code are leaving, which leads to a downward spiral.

I believe you are in a state of denial and your post is merely damage control
or an aftermatch assessment. It shows a weakness if anything, not a
strength.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  9:20am  up 54 days 21:32,  9 users,  load average: 1.28, 1.10, 0.75