Re: Microsoft Pretends It Has New Tricks Up Its Sleeves

__/ [ John Bokma ] on Wednesday 13 September 2006 00:52 \__

>> __/ [ John Bokma ] on Tuesday 12 September 2006 23:48 \__

>>> Can you quote exactly the part that tells that "IE7 ... sends
>>> Microsoft a list of /all/ pages that you visit"?
>>
>> That's the anti-phishing toolbar, which operates in this way by
>> default.
>
> I quote <Xns983C8F028955castleamber@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> [quote]
>   John A. gave the following link in
>   <f5tdg2pmj7mefpuoud33rv9lnp9s6btibv@xxxxxxx>:
>   "I did find this, independently, about the phishing filter:
>   http://www.ie-vista.com/phishing.html";
>
>   "The Phishing Filter is *off* by default; that is, it does not
> transmit
>   any data to Microsoft and will only check visited Web sites against
>   locally stored data until the user decides to turn the Filter on."
> [/quote]
>

>> Sorry I was succinct before.
>
> You weren't.
>

>> I only later saw the remainder
>> of the thread.
>
> Friendly reminder: if you want to be taken serious by me stop your anti-
> MS rants. This is not the place (IMNSHO there is no place for this kind
> of zealotism, but YMMV).
>
> Moreover, if you truely believe in Open Source and GNU/Linux stop
> harming those ideas by misrepresenting information.
>

> Finally, care to explain why when I type firefox rss in the address bar
> of Firefox my browser first connects to Google? [1]
>

> [1] Of course this is a rhetorical question.

Oh. My bad then. Someone told me it was on 'out of the box'.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    while (sig==sig) sig=!sig;
roy      pts/1                         Wed Sep 13 00:32   still logged in