Re: [News] Microsoft's Lack of Planning Extends Beyond Platform Architecture

  • Subject: Re: [News] Microsoft's Lack of Planning Extends Beyond Platform Architecture
  • From: Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 12:14:39 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Monday 11 September 2006 17:03 \__
>
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Monday 11 September 2006 10:28 \__

> http://www.apcstart.com/site/dwarne/2006/09/1314/microsoft-runs-out-of-vista-product-keys

>>> I can never keep a straight face when I hear about the Museum of the
>>> History of Computing, which is primarily (or solely) funded by the Gates
>>> Foundation. Mind you, that same 'charity' buys newspapers to incorporate
>>> bias and glorify the almighty generous man. Also reminds me of statues and
>>> name assignment... people like Rotschield (not sure about the spelling)...
>>> even Saddam Hussain, whose country was a shrine to his reign. A school and
>>> information that is controlled by a corporation could, in the long run,
>>> lead to totality.
>>>

>> This is a large part of my concern with Wiki and similar;  companies
>> will pay people to troll wikis, just as they pay people to troll
>> newsgroups.  Information is turned into propaganda, people are conned.
>
> Is suspect that the BBC had it mentioned the other day. I can't think of an
> easy way (e.g. search as you type in History) of finding that though.
> *frown*

The worst part about this problem is that it's next to impossible to
track down what's going on.  There's nothing to stop even apparently
respectable academics from taking back-handers in order to push a
particular agenda, and these days, in the US, science is totally
politicised /by the government/, there's surely no greener a light than
that to other interests looking to present their own message.

There should be a better way, but I can't see it easily.

	"... freedom ... is a worship word..."
	"It is our worship word too."
		-- Cloud William and Kirk, "The Omega Glory", stardate unknown