Re: AWW SHIT

Mark Kent came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a moment ago
in comp.os.linux.advocacy:

> begin  oe_protect.scr
> Roy Culley <rgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> begin  risky.vbs
>>      <pan.2006.09.29.01.48.23.655201@xxxxxxxxxx>,
>>      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>>
>>> And here I thought maybe roy-boy had actually gotten some sense!!
>>
>> Clearly you do not have enough sense to use a filter. If you don't
>> want to see the [News] posts then filter them. Myself amd several
>> others do like the [News] posts.
>>
>> Roy S, seems adding the [News] tag doesn't achieve its desired
>> purpose.  Perhaps you should remove it. :-)
>>

> It's tempting, I suppose...  Again, I remain suspicious of those who
> would want to remove the clear advocacy postings, like the News
> articles, and replace them with troll-feeding.  Ray has done quite a lot
> of that over a long period.
>
> Why won't Ray use a kfile?

Four possibilities spring to mind:

1. Because he doesn't know how?
2. Because his newsreader didn't come with one? (unlikely, every reader I've
seen has a filter)
3. Because he's lazy?
4. Because he just likes to find an excuse to bitch at something?

For those who choose not to use the [NEWS] filter for whatever reason: Don't
bitch about it. Live with it.

FWIW, I don't filter the [NEWS] posts, because I find them useful (a lot of
the stories don't make it to my RSS aggregator for /days/, if ever). My
filter is reserved for the incurable arseholes who troll the group.
--
-*- Linux: Because restarts are for upgrades.
-*- Some people are like Slinkies; they serve no specific purpose,