Re: AWW SHIT

begin  oe_protect.scr
ed <ed@xxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 13:14:35 +0200
> Hadron Quark <qadronhuark@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> > Roy S, seems adding the [News] tag doesn't achieve its desired
>> > purpose.  Perhaps you should remove it. :-)
>>
>> You and "several others" are not the NG.
>>
>> He should set up a mail list like everyone else : no other groups have
>> this amount of SPAM.
>>
>> If you remove the NEWS header there will surely be calls for Roy's
>> head for flaunting usenet etiquette.
>
> hummm newsgroups posting news relevant to the newsgroup title... hummm
> spam... news group... linux news ... spam ... hummm something is not
> adding up..
>
> To be honest, his [News] posts should not require the news subject
> prefix. It is only because of the way that Roy formats these posts that
> people suspect automation. It's not automated, it's a manual process and
> very on topic. If you don't like it then why don't you go set up your
> own mail list and we'll all migrate there when people go ice skating in
> hell.

Most of those complaining about Roy's news postings are clearly in
breach of the charter much of the time, if not almost all of it, and
should not be here anyway.

Mr Quark is no more able to define spam correctly than he does
plagiarisation or copyright violation.  However, he accuses Roy of all
of these.  One has to conclude that Roy is doing a fantastic job, in
order to be getting all this attention.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can make you awfully comfortable while
you're being miserable.
		-- C.B. Luce