Re: [News] Linux Conquers Points of Sale

Roy Schestowitz :
> Jumping on the Linux POS (Point of Sale) Bandwagon
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Research has shown that the number of POS terminals running Linux in
>| North America has increased 80% since 2002. The reason why is simple;
>| Linux, as an operating system, is more cost effective, flexible, and
>| allows for greater freedom of choice in software than more mainstream
>| operating systems.
> `----
>
> http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/9076.html

Heh, I wrote the POS for my internet cafe in 2002 on a LAMP. Best
experience I've ever had with programming. I want to write another but
folks keep wanting me to hook up Linux workstations win Windows
networks. Weaning the world off of Windows domains with Active Directory
is going to take awhile.

Workstations? Happening now

--
WE'RE NOT DUMB