Re: HP trojan foiled by Linux

Roy Schestowitz :
> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 27 September 2006 19:39 \__
>
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> Au79 <au79@xxxxxxx> espoused:
>>> NewsForge - Fremont,CA,USA
>>>
>>> ... tried to plant a trojan horse program on a CNET reporter's laptop,
>>> but apparently the attempt failed because the reporter was running Linux
>>> instead of Windows ...
>>>
>>><http://programming.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/09/19/172230>
>>
>> That would be great.
>>
>> Btw - don't know if you say my other posting, but if you put a [News]
>> tag in the header, I'll put these in the digest.
>
> [News] is a bit of a 'killfile area'... *grunt*

It's also an excellent method of seeing whet is newsworthy through the
compilation of statistics on replies and length of threads! What makes
the populace *want* to post? What are people actually *interested* in? A
fairly simple script on a spool would provide these answers.

On Linux. I dont know how to handle these problems on Windows...

--
We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
	- Linus Torvalds about the superiority of Linux on the Amterdam Linux Symposium

http://www.websterscafe.com