Re: [News] Microsoft Sues DRM Cracker, Blames Theft Rather Than Sloppy Implementation, Lockin Mess

__/ [ 7 ] on Wednesday 27 September 2006 23:20 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Microsoft sues over source code theft
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft has filed a federal lawsuit against an alleged hacker who
>> | broke through its copy protection technology, charging that the
>> | mystery developer somehow gained access to its copyrighted source code.
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6119892.html
>>
>> For all I know, Microsoft was unable force the developer to stop
>> distributing the software as no law was broken (the ISP was contacted, but
>> there was no way of making a compelling legal accusation). It seems to me
>> as though Microsoft make up stories to frame the lad. Will there be a
>> witch hunt for 'DVD Jon' next...?
>

> If they framed the guy with materially false evidence,
> or engaged in nuisance suits, this guy could sue Micoshaft
> for billions with a good lawyer and team effort to make it stick.
> I bet the lawyers will be falling overthemselves to gorge into
> some of that contingency fees.

There were times when I thought about taking similar steps <
http://tinyurl.com/err56 >. What Microsoft does in court is utterly
disgraceful. They continue to use the same dirty tactics in their
head-butting with the EU. See my other messages in this thread...