Re: [News] Firefox - Immediate & Automated Updates Offer Optimal Security

begin  oe_protect.scr
> Firefox 101 - Web browsing made better
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Security
>|
>| It is well known in tech circles that Internet Explorer is one of
>| Windows' weakest links. It's the application that sucks up all those
>| web pages and sits out there all exposed and vulnerable on the wild
>| world wide web and roughly 90 percent of all web surfers around thew
>| orld use Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer has also seen some am
>| yriad of updates over the years, and holes are continuously being
>| plugged, and holes continue to be found.
>|
>| [...]
>|
>| 'Automagic' Updates
>|
>| Firefox is also updated very regularly. The neat thing for novices
>| and newbies here is that you never need to worry about remembering to
>| update the software. Firefox does this all automatically for you. It
>| quietly downloads them in the background without bothering you and it
>| tells you when there are updates to install. All you usually need to do
>| is shutdown and re-open Firefox and the job's done!
> `----
>
> http://easypctips.com/2006/09/25/firefox-101-web-browsing-made-better/

Ideal if you're using Windows, as you'll have to reboot anyway, so
you're guaranteed to never be running a significantly out of date
Firefox.  My God, I've just found a positive justification for Window's
instability...  I'll bet we'll see this in MS press releases soon as a
security feature!

modesty, n.:
	Being comfortable that others will discover your greatness.