Re: Where can buy linext??

__/ [ Jim ] on Monday 25 September 2006 16:16 \__

> Roy Schestowitz came up with this when he headbutted the keyboard a moment
> ago in comp.os.linux.advocacy:
>
>> __/ [ thad01 ] on Monday 25 September 2006 16:06 \__
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> [ gratuitious deletia of helpful info ... ]

>>> Wow, real advocacy in an advocacy group.  How refreshing.  :)
>>>
>>> Of course I highly doubt all replies will follow suit.
>>
>> *LOL* Thanks. Newsgroups that revolve around a community (there aren't
> many
>> of those) often involve banter and ridicule.
>
> Not many of them involve trolling to the point where people who're just
> trying to get on with things start to develop homicidal tendencies towards
> said trolls...

True, but what I had in mind were other newsgroups where someone asks a
practical question and the thread soon devolves into a chat room. In the
case of Web-related NG's, this could also lead to harsh critique of the OP's
Web site. One's language is rarely an issue. That would be just cruel
because it's a direct personal attack. This related to distinguishing
between an attack on race and an attack on a religion.

Anyhoo...

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    YaSTall SuSE to figure out the magic
Mem:    514480k total,   339364k used,   175116k free,    14048k buffers