[News] Open Source (e.g. GPL) Compliance Checks Automated

Black Duck spruces up UI in software compliance system

,----[ Quote ]
| A code navigator in the interface provides for review of all code within
| a project. Code can be highlighted that appears to have originated from
| an open source project or other external source. Or, the code can have
| an origin that requires legal or business approval for use.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20060925/tc_infoworld/82158

More on/from that company:

Black Duck CEO: F1000 Open Source Use On Fire

,----[ Quote ]
| To date, more than 250 F1000 firms use software compliance and
| management solutions from Black Duck, up 600+% from last year. Levin
| shares why Open Source demand will stay hot, and shares how governance
| and visibility offerings, such as those from Black Duck, are helping
| executives stay bullish on Open Source.
|
| "Today, it's hard to overstate how substantial a factor Open Source
| has become in many F1000 firms," Levin said. "The growth is substantial.
| A few years ago, there is no question that Open Source vendors were the
| early adopters, but now the widespread use of Open Source is causing
| all sorts of businesses to assemble a Bill of Materials for their
| software."
`----

http://www.oetrends.com/news.php?action=view_record&idnum=539

Open Channel to distribute open source compliance

,----[ Quote ]
| Open Channel Solutions (OCS) has signed an exclusive distribution
| agreement to move an open source compliance management software
| suite developed by Black Duck Software.
|
| [...]
|
| The deal also provides OCS with a new product suite for its open
| source software portfolio also includes product from the Novell
| software suite.
`----

http://www.crn.com.au/story.aspx?CIID=59232&src=site-marq

Of relevance: