Re: COLA Stats 24 Sep 2006

__/ [ Roy Culley ] on Sunday 24 September 2006 22:24 \__

> begin  risky.vbs
> <m6ohu3-m5s.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> Roy Culley <rgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>>> ngstats.pl version 1.19
>>>
>>>    6. yttrx - BELLIGERENT ARSEHOLE                     104  128397    65%
>>
>> Excellent moniker, Roy!
>
> It was a one off up to now. yttrx, aka ., is a smart guy with a lot of
> experience. Why he posts such inane replies I don't know. It was one
> of his posts a long time ago that pointed me to Gentoo. I'll be
> forever grateful for that.

Certain people he likes; certain people he does not. I agree with your
assessment that he is knowledgeable. I just wish he used his strong language
only with those who already know him (and not arbitrary reader). He offended
some friends of mine in another newsgroup that was crossposted to. This
doesn't reflect positively on COLA, let alone OS.

>>> Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [3]
>>>
>>>  Pos  Poster                                                        Index
>>>    1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    119
>>>    2. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                80
>>
>> Ahh, the joys of quality posting :-))
>
> Hehe, keep up the good work laddie. :-)

You too, guys. Roy, I hope you carry on posting the Charter/FAQ every week.
It would help a great deal, especially by addressing lurkers and newcomers.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate in Medical Biophysics
         run-level 5  Jul 20 12:15                   last=S