Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Windows Permits Anyone to Become an Administrator

__/ [ ed ] on Saturday 23 September 2006 13:22 \__

> On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 04:57:51 -0500
> Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > You beat me to it. The default set up is to auto log into your
>> > account as admin, which I dare to gerealize, most people don't even
>> > realize has happened because they are not accustomed to the concept
>> > of opening and closing doors,
>>
>> That's true of standalone Windows, but not when used in a corporate
>> environment.  The default in a domain environment is to make users
>> restricted normal users.  You have to go out of your way to make them
>> even local administrators.  And, since physical access to the computer
>> is required anyways, if someone is breaking into your house and
>> getting access to your computer, you've got bigger problems.
>
> What if you just don't want your child to get admin?

Rhetorical question, but I'll bite.

To prevent your child from getting admin privileges, you simply change from
Classic to a more resource-intensive theme (with toyish artwork) and chnage
the wallpaper to reflect upon the fact that Tinky Winky the Third, not
youself, is not in charge of the mounds in La-la Land (AKA the Windows XP
fort).

http://www.genesis-x.nildram.co.uk/images/teletubbiesXP.jpg