Re: Linux & Wall Street

__/ [ William Poaster ] on Friday 22 September 2006 13:11 \__

> With the increasing uptake of linux on Wall Street for "mission-critical
> roles in financial trading, & other highly sensitive networks"
> (See - http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,,1789282,00.asp) comes a new
> offering from Novell - SuSE Linux Enterprise Real-Time.
> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9593_22-6117479.html?tag=nl.e539

Linux is in wallsteet servers, _as well as desktops_. That job requires a
reliable platform with good uptime. It actually appears to be a strong niche
for rapid adoption.

Hypothetical...

Customer: What's the value of IBM? I want to buy it now before it declines.

Banker: Let me check. Hold on for a bit. Ah, cr*p. I've got some malware that
redirects me to porn site ATM. OR: the network is down at the moment. OR: I
need to reboot.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: penguins are the greatest birds
roy      pts/5                         Thu Sep 21 23:22   still logged in