[News] Great Linux and MySQL Liaison Could Fuel a Chinese Linux Growth

Great Linux Joins Hands with MySQL

,----[ Quote ]
| The world's most popular open source database MySQL AB and Great Linux
| Inc. jointly announced in recent days the establishment of the
| co-invested MySQL China R&D center.
|
| [...]
|
| Great Linux, a China-based open source software solution and
| technological service provider, devotes itself to promoting the LAMP
| framework (namely Linux operating system, Apache network server, MySQL
| database, and Perl/Python/PHP programming language) using open source code
| in the Chinese market.
|
| [...]
|
| Open source software product is growing quickly worldwide, and China, as
| one of the fast-developing economies, possesses the huge user foundation
| and a legion of open source product development institutions, said David
| Axmark. MySQL notices the rapid development of the Chinese market and
| expects to make more contribution to the Chinese open source cause.
`----

http://storage.ittoolbox.com/news/display.asp?i=148211&t=6

Recent news regarding Linux in China:

,----[ Quote ]
| "Why does Google use open source? The reason is very simple -- we must
| take our fate into our own hands. To China, the situation is just the
| same," said president of Google China, Dr. Kai-Fu Lee, during a talk at the
| 2006 Open Source China Conference held in Beijing on August 24 and 25.
`----

http://business.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/09/18/1835233&from=rss

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/50004.html

        Linux Set to Soar in China

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2006/06/03/2003311446

        Government says all new PCs must be Linux-friendly

http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/techbeat/archives/2006/01/a_big_step_for.html

"China has long been seen as a fertile ground for Linux and other open source
software. In a country where more than 90% of software in use is pirated, it
seems like a natural fit."

China to produce $125 (Linux) PC

,----[ Quote ]
| A Chinese outfit is hoping to release a PC which will hit the shops with a
| price tag of $125.

China looks to open-source community for advice

,----[ Quote ]
| China is counting on senior members of the open-source community to
| help formulate policy ideas to promote open-source software, according
| to a local software executive.
|
| The China Open-Source Software Promotion Union (COPU), a government-backed
| industry group, has established a think tank comprised of 19 prominent
| open-source executives from overseas to develop a framework for better
| international cooperation.
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/06/05/18/78442_HNchinaopensource_1.html?source=rss&url=http://www.infoworld.com/article/06/05/18/78442_HNchinaopensource_1.html

China's Linux Adoption Threat to Microsoft?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2249&Itemid=449

,----[ Quote ]