[News] Scribus for Professional Publishing Under Linux

Scribus In-Depth Tutorial by Donald Emmack

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm impressed by this program. Being open source, it has room to grow
| with continued input and direction from users. The feature set is robust,
| and I feel confident recommending it to most small- to medium-size
| businesses with average to advanced publishing needs.
`----

http://www.tuxmagazine.com/node/1000225

Linux also boasts some of the best tools for composing books and replacing
what is perceived as a standard/necessity, e.g. Adobe Illustrator.