Re: [News] Windows Site Explains Why .NET Will Mark the End of Microsoft Windows

On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 12:18:59 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> .NET will be the downfall of Microsoft Windows
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| This seems minor. But the effect is mathematical. Lets say a .NET
>| version takes 5 seconds longer to load. If you have 20 .NET processes
>| finish than the equivalent processes under Mac OS X. This means from
>| this point on Windows will always be at a competitive speed and
>| memory disadvantage when compared to OS X, or even Linux.
>|
>| [...]
>|
>| I bet if I loaded Linux on this thing I would find the exact same to
>| be true. So you see. It has already started. Little ole me - Microsoft
>| fan boy - switched simply because the pain of Windows churn (.NET
>| induced I theorize) was so great it forced me to something else.
>| That pain will cost Microsoft.
> `----
>
> http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/2007/04/net-will-be-downfall-of-microsoft.html

Sorry, but you can't take someone seriously who gets such basic information
about the thing he's criticizing wrong.  He claims .NET is an interpreted
language.  It's not, nor has it ever been.  Yes, it compiles to bytecode,
but bytcode is always JITed, not interpreted.  Ever.  .NET doesn't even
have a bytecode interpreter (well, there are some 3rd party people that
claim to have one, but nobody uses it).

Hell, he even calls his own theories insane.