Re: what companies would you put in a Linux investment portfolio?

  • Subject: Re: what companies would you put in a Linux investment portfolio?
  • From: chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 08:10:08 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
mike wrote:

>On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 00:22:24 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>> No, they have buybacks going on. They are pulling out money from the safe in
>> order to keep up appearance. They have already drained over half of their
>> cash pile in just 2 years. It'll last for a while longer, so MSFT will get
>> the crutches. ODF is one of the most important things at the moment because,
>> unlike Linux on the desktop, it threatens the mother of all cash
>> cows---which which accounts for 70% of the revenues in that divisions, IIRC.
>> The horrid UI (tabbed toolbar) in Office '07 will help us a lot.
>
>so, as i understand it, revenue will dry up as the masses discover they
>no longer have to pay the ms tax and once the cash hoard is depleted, the
>massive share buyback stops and since that's the only thing holding up the
>stock price...

Maybe we'll live to see the day when Microshaft is in it's death
throes, like SCO is now, reduced to suing other companies for patent
infringement, trying to suck every last dollar out of society before
finally dissolving, it's few pieces of worthwhile IP being scattered
amongst the corporate vultures, picking-over the carcass.