Re: [News] Call to Avoid Porting Free Software to Windows

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Please do not port software to Windows!
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | While the GNU General Public License expressly prohibits me from
> | denying you the freedom to port software protected by it to Windows,
> | I feel that you do great damage to the world if you do. Let me explain.
> |
> | Windows is a proprietary environment. They don't give you the source
> | code, and they do anything in their power to limit your freedom. They
> | even try to limit what you can do with the software you rightfully
> | bought from them. So, supporting them in any way is bad for the
> | world, because it encourages others to try to limit others'
> | freedoms (it worked great for Microsoft, so it must be a good
> | idea, right?).
> `----
>
> http://www.fefe.de/nowindows/

If its a question of wasting time better spent
on developing more open and free source software,
then I would say don't contribute to the micoshaft camp.
Ultimately, they are laughing all the way to the bank
on the back of your work by selling more proprietory OS.
However, if the conversion
work has been paid for, then its probably OK.