Re: Microsoft sued over Windows Vista marketing

__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Wednesday 04 April 2007 00:56 \__

> Quote:
> ----------------
> A lawsuit alleges that Microsoft Corp. engaged in deceptive practices
> by letting PC makers promote computers as "Windows Vista Capable" even
> if they couldn't run the new operating system's "signature" features.
> ------------------
> Unquote
>
> Refers to "Bait and Switch"
>
> http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/310004_msftsued03.html?source=rss

Don't worry. Microsoft will settle outside of the court and walk away
"innocent". It will then continue its deceptive marketing blitz, claiming
(wrongly) that Vista has sold 20 million copies and that's it's "high
quality" without even patching.

Microsoft Nixes 'Big Bang' Service Pack For Windows Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| A senior Microsoft official said the company doesn't plan to issue a major
| service pack for Windows Vista because the operating system is "high
| quality right out of the gate."
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/windows/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=1RY1IWG1BQ2HCQSNDLRCKH0CJUNN2JVN?articleID=198701442
http://tinyurl.com/2o3rcx

TRUTH:

Microsoft admits Vista screwed - report

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista SP1 is code named "Fiji", presumably after a pretty looking
| island which is paralysed by coups.
|
| In a statement regarding the service pack Microsoft admits that
| Vista has "high impact" problems.

| "Up to 60% of the code in the new consumer version of Microsoft new Vista
| operating system is set to be rewritten as the Company 'scrambles' to fix
| internal problems a Microsoft insider has confirmed to SHN... Microsoft has
| also admitted that it has major problems in it's Windows division and has
| has immediately initiated a total restructure of the division..."
`----

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Computing/Platforms?Article=/Computing/Platforms/R7G5G6U4

MS Insider: The Office Crew Isn't Smart Enough to Supplant Real Windows
Developers

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.emailbattles.com/2006/09/11/ms-insider-the-office-crew-isnt-smart-enough-to-supplant-real-windows-developers/
http://tinyurl.com/35eqrt

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: 12345679 x 8 = 98765432
Tasks: 128 total,   1 running, 123 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie