Re: GNOME nice bits

__/ [ Jim Richardson ] on Monday 02 April 2007 07:59 \__

> On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 03:35:38 +0100,
>> __/ [ Jim Richardson ] on Sunday 01 April 2007 20:38 \__

>>> nah, this is from the desktop, not a filebrowser window. It's kinda cool
>>> is all. KDE may well have the same kind of feature. Dunno, I rarely use
>>> KDE.
>>
>> That has always disappointed me. I wish I could create directories in the
>> desktop not through the context menu route, which is problematic if you
>> create a whole bunch of directories (...in which case the CLI is the way
>> to go).
>>

> Not sure I follow you. I rt click on the desktop. Select "Create new
> folder"

True. But let's say you want to create 10 directories. One option is to
{click, click again, enter name, then ENTER (on keyboard)}x10 (repeat ten
times). Another option is to open a terminal (CTRL+ALT+A or CTRL+ALT+5 in my
case), then 'mkdir name1 name2 name3...' (can also use some regex here)

The latter is much quicker.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Far away from home, robots build people"
Cpu(s):  22.8% user,   4.7% system,   0.8% nice,  71.7% idle