Re: GNOME nice bits

__/ [ Jim Richardson ] on Sunday 01 April 2007 20:38 \__

> On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 01:28:08 +0100,
>> __/ [ Jim Richardson ] on Saturday 31 March 2007 23:15 \__
>>
>>> Click on the desktop, anywhere not a window, or icon/menu. Now hit /
>>>
>>> a location requester pops up. Enter a location say /pub, and a file
>>> browser window opens to that location.
>>>
>>> Neat :)
>>>

>>> I don't know if this is ubuntu specific config, or just something that
>>> came with a more recent version of GNOME, but my CentOS4 box at work
>>> doesn't do it. (should be upgrading to CentOS 5 this week with any luck)
>>
>> How about F10 for new directory in Konqueror?
>>

> nah, this is from the desktop, not a filebrowser window. It's kinda cool
> is all. KDE may well have the same kind of feature. Dunno, I rarely use
> KDE.

That has always disappointed me. I wish I could create directories in the
desktop not through the context menu route, which is problematic if you
create a whole bunch of directories (...in which case the CLI is the way to
go).

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | UNIX: Because a PC is a terrible thing to waste