Re: [News] Musicians Not Intersted in Windows Vista

__/ [ felmon john davis ] on Monday 02 April 2007 06:18 \__

> On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 11:41:59 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Vista comes with many extra lockins bolted in, so unless you can get the
>> laptop with GNU/Linux preinstalled, I advise you to take XP and then
>> install Linux on a second partition. Gradually get to know that other
>> new O/S and you'll feel more comfortable about migrating.
>
> not too interested in 'migrating', pretty content with SUSE 10.0 and 10.2
> for now. been in SUSE-land for several yrs but I appreciated Mepis and
> Pclinuux, started with Redhat.
>
> I figured I wouldn't bother asking about Linux partly because I wasn't in
> the mood but also the laptop will probably pass through my fingers as a
> gift (to a Windows person). I can justify the gift but not for myself,
> still amortizing (and enjoying) my HP laptop.
>
> I need a good webpage detailing the various encumbrances of Vista
> (related to DRM); do you have such?
>
> Felmon

This one is pretty good:

http://www.forbes.com/2007/02/10/microsoft-vista-drm-tech-security-cz_bs_0212vista.html

DRM is only one among several encumbrances.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Billigator: eats your filesystem alive
  7:05am  up 21 days 14:08,  6 users,  load average: 0.84, 0.88, 0.89