Re: [News] Vista Sales Underwhelm AMD and Intel

On 2007-04-18, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
> No Touchdowns for Tech Bellwethers

>| And while prices on components have been under pressure, companies have
>| been slow to move unsold inventory left over from the fourth quarter.
>| What's more, a much hoped-for upgrade of PCs spurred by the release
>| of Microsoft's new Windows Vista operating system has turned in
>| underwhelming results so far.
> `----
>
> http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/apr2007/tc20070417_259787.htm?campaign_id=yhoo
> http://tinyurl.com/35k99u

> Uh-Oh, Vista! PC Sales Levels Are Normal

> http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/vista/oh_oh_vista_pc_sales_levels_are_normal.html

> http://www.informationarbitrage.com/2007/04/microsoft_phili.html

Wasn't some chimpanzee trying to impress people in this group over
Vista selling like hotcakes by touting the uptick in computer sales
prior to Vista being released? Sales from a month earlier or something?

I'm sure there was an ape doing that. I can't pick out which ape it
was, though, because so many of the MS apes look alike.

Sure hope MS paid that monkey a lot of bananas. It'd be a shame for
them to make themselves look so stupid for naught. (It's fine by me,
though, if they make themselves look stupid for the sake of looking
stupid. As is usually the case.)

--
Windows hasn't increased computer literacy. It just lowered
the standard.