Re: [News] Second Life Goes Fully Open Source (Server Side As Well)

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Wednesday 18 April 2007 19:00 \__

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2007/04/linden_lab_to_o.html

> Nice move.
>
> I've yet to experience this phenomenon personally, but from various
> GooTube videos I've seen, it looks intriguing.

Now you can set up some world in your own home, or neighbourhood, or city...
will be scalable as well. The MySQL/Debian backside in Linden Lab is already
feeling the pressure and they separate the datacentres to handle different
islands, IIRC.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Quote when replying in non-real-time dialogues"