Re: [News] Microsoft Unleashes Anti-Linux Web Venom

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 18 April 2007 11:54 \__

>> __/ [ flyer ] on Tuesday 17 April 2007 10:49 \__
>>
>>> In article <5aWdne_mlazOJb7bnZ2dnUVZ8vSdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>> gbplinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...

>>> He makes a valiant effort to sound cool, but like all the shilly boys
>>> here he only fills a hole in the far corner of the lot that no one takes
>>> seriously, particularly as none of them can make solid points nor find
>>> even a tiny truly negative item regarding Linux. It's a case of some
>>> volume, but all grating static.
>>>
>>> As well, their attempts to counter Roy's volume Linux adoption postings
>>> are so feeble as to be amusing. It's interesting to compare them. Others
>>> then noticing this then question MS even more.
>>
>> Speaking of shills, someone has just registered an identity theft-type
>> account in Digg. It's shestowitz (sic), which is like the 4th or 5th
>> account that's intended to be used to post comments 'on my behalf'. This
>> is very annoying. People think I say nasty things and I'm just trying to
>> keep up and catch pages where the identity thief shows up and ridicules
>> me. There has got to be some law against this, but it's rarely enforcable.
>>
>> The worst type of shill is one that puts words in your own mouth, and --
>> by doing so-- incites hatred against you in various unknown places.
>>

> I think you need to see this as a kind of complement, in its way.  After
> all, Gary could be impersonating a girl, as usual ...

He does that too. Kathy Karson or something is one of his nyms in Digg. It
took me a while to realise it was him.

By the way, they terminated another account of his last night, but he'll
probably create some new ones. This time, for a change, they also deleted
all his comments (very abusive, posted under my name).

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Microsoft: a device for converting public ignorance into cash
Swap:  1036184k total,   388804k used,   647380k free,    60432k cached