Re: [News] Xandros Gets a Deal With Office Depot, Puts Linux in the Stores

__/ [ Linonut ] on Wednesday 18 April 2007 03:34 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o'
> wisdom:
>
>> Office Depot to Sell Xandros Software
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | ...Office Depot, a leading global provider of office products and
>> | services, will deliver Xandros' line of business and consumer Linux
>> | desktop operating systems to the market.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=239371&tsource=3
>
> Interesting.  I thought Office Depot execs ordered it to be a
> Microsoft-only shop sometime ago.
>
> Maybe Vista is making them think better of that mandate?

I had this impression as well. That chain is very Microsoft-centric (and,
hey, just look at their name). No chance of Apple PCs over there.

Various OEMs have complained directly or indirectly about Vista. I believe
they try to join the wave sooner rather than later, by staged introduction
of the alternative route.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Florida is bigger than England
  5:20am  up 3 days  4:48,  5 users,  load average: 0.75, 0.73, 0.73