Re: [News] Microsoft's Technical Problems Screw Developers, Destroy Work

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Wednesday 18 April 2007 03:38 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Are developers supposed to take Microsoft seriously after such failures?
>
> The current edition of MSDN magazine features an article
> on...what?...javascript!
>
> JAVASCRIPT
> Create Advanced Web Applications With Object-Oriented Techniques
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/07/05/JavaScript/default.aspx
>
> Yes, they throw in a blurb about "Ajax.net" at the end...but seriously,
> it's like the Rip-Van-Winles in Redmond suddenly woke up and said "Gee,
> javascript can do all this?!"

They also have all sorts of Python (maybe also Ruby) bindings and stuff...

I think they just want to grab the better developers, which they gradually
lose (Softies leave to join Google and startup pick Open Source stacks).

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Florida is bigger than England
  5:20am  up 3 days  4:48,  5 users,  load average: 0.75, 0.73, 0.73