[News] Solution to Windows Vista Disk Fragmentation: Install GNU/Linux

Ext3 File System for performance in Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| As an idea that was sparked by using a shared Ext3 File System between a
| dual boot of Ubuntu and Windows, what would happen if you went as far as
| installing Windows-native games on that shared Ext3 partition? Think of the
| benefits: no need to defragment that massive Hard Disk of yours every now
| and again. This guide will update as I experiment more.
|
| [...]
|
| I think this idea would work very well for any program/game with a
| large amount of files, due to Ext3's more streamlined architecture.
|
| As I say, I'm just experimenting with this, but it's working very
| well.
`----

http://mazza558.googlepages.com/home

(De)Fragmentation leads to all that unnecessary 'maintenance', as also
indicated below:

Six free and simple steps to keep your [Windows] computer running smooth

,----[ Quote ]
| 1. Improve Your Browsing Experience [Get Firefox]
| 2. Clean Up Your Room [Remove third-party applications 'bloat'/Registry]
| 3. Keep Your Room Clean
| 4. Call In The Exterminator [malware]
| 5. Visit The Doctor Early and Often [viruses]
| 6. (De)frag It
`----

http://www.davidallgroup.com/2007/04/16/six-free-and-simple-steps-to-keep-your-computer-running-smooth/

Linux has _none_ of these problems.