[News] Vista's ReadyBoost Leads to Software Failures

Vista, iTunes and ReadyBoost do not play well

,----[ Quote ]
| The only solution for the problem is to unplug your ReadyBoost drive, close
| and restart iTunes and then play back your video normally. I have
| replicated this no less than 30 times on my laptop with a ReadyBoost
| drive plugged in. Unplugging the drive never fails to fix the problem
| and plugging it in never fails to cause the problem.
`----

http://vista.blorge.com/2007/04/16/vista-itunes-and-readyboost-do-not-play-well/

More impractical hype from Microsoft.

More PR noise than actual gain (see below).

Related:

Microsft Vista's ReadyBoost: Is worth the hype??

,----[ Quote ]
| The performance gain in second time 18seconds vs 5:30 seconds was
| due to SuperFetch technology which has nothing to do with ReadyBoost.
|
| Then Microsoft Word 2007 was loaded. Without ReadyBoost for first time
| took 5 seconds and with ReadyBoost took 26 seconds :-s.
|
| [...]
|
| Is ReadyBoost meant to work this way :-/ Is this a Flaw in Vista or like
| Microsoft is doing making Flaws as Features. Is this also a feature??
|
| The mystery continues....
`----

http://techreckoner.com/microsft-vistas-readyboost-is-worth-the-hype/

Vista performance: The user experiece is all that matters

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/blogs/node/5366