Re: [News] Windows XP to be retired in 2008

  • Subject: Re: [News] Windows XP to be retired in 2008
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 22:49:35 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Robert Parsonage ] on Friday 13 April 2007 22:26 \__

<http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/default.stm?dynamic_vote=ON#vote_6551866>

>     Which do you prefer?
>
>     Windows XP
>      52.24%
>
>     Windows Vista
>      14.86%
>
>     Neither
>      32.89%

And yet they intend to issue SP3 some time in 2008. It's probably about
giving people all the 'features' they do not want (Vista was proven to offer
no security). More food for thought: what societary do we live in? Almost
100% of the computers might be sold with something that only 14% of the
population actually wants. But Dell will offer Linux and H-P may soon follow
suit.

Yes! These are good times for Linux...

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI"
         run-level 5  Mar 11 15:57                   last=S