[News] Upgrading GNU/Linux is a Breeze

[...Unlike the upgrade from XP to Vista, which is sometimes an impossibility.
People consistently recommend a clean install. I don't know about Leopard.]

Updating Ubuntu?s Edgy Eft to Feisty Fawn with Automatix2 installed

,----[ Quote ]
| I've installed Ubuntu 6.10 as a fresh install on a Lenovo S55.
| I then installed Automatix2 and used it to install everything
| available on it. Now I'm about to do an upgrade to Ubuntu
| 7.04, Feisty Fawn.
|
| How to upgrade? That's easy.
`----

http://www.arsgeek.com/?p=1423

The screenshots illustrate how intuitive it is.