Re: [News] Best Time to Move to Linux Gaming

  • Subject: Re: [News] Best Time to Move to Linux Gaming
  • From: Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:41:58 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
> Linux has game
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| It seems like every time we turn around on the forums, there is a
>| tremendous backlash against the Windows OS and Microsoft as a whole.
>| Some of it is even well-deserved - the amount of overhead required by
>| the new Vista OS has made many otherwise very usable computers
>| completely obsolete, and that's before you spend the money for
>| Vista itself. And though you don't have to upgrade, wouldn't it
>| be nice to use a current, well-maintained OS?
>|
>| You can, of course, if you're using Linux.
> `----
>
> http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2007/04/09/Linux_has_game/1.html
>
> This also mentions Microsoft's infamous 'trick' of creating proprietary
> technology to replace Open standards and cross-platform technology.

It does appear that the message is getting through.  I had considered
that the [News] postings would merely serve to up the s/n ratio here,
but it would appear that they, and the [Digest] postings are getting a
much wider readership.  I'm receiving emails from journalists
researching Linux & ODF stories, including some who're reading Cola as
part of their research process.

This has made it very difficult indeed to hide the history behind hype,
as usenet is incredibly difficult to manipulate, as it has no central
owner or editor, unlike bloggers, say, who have laptops sent to them by
Microsoft so long as they blog the "right" message.

So I say *hi* to the journalists, please keep reading, and feel free to
email me.