Re: fuddington curious: removing Konqueror breaks things ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Tuesday 10 April 2007 21:00 \__

> 'You can't.  Just like you can't completely remove Konqueror from KDE
> without breaking KDE', amicus fuddie
>
> 'I can, however, completely remove Konqueror/KDE without breaking my
> Debian/Linux installation', Rick
>
> 'But you can't remove KDE.  No, the tie is to the GUI',  amicus fuddie
>
> 'Yes, you can remove KDE. Easily', Rick
>
> 'That wasn't what I meant.  I meant if you aren't removing KDE, then
> removing Konqueror breaks things.'  amicus fuddie
>
> If you want a file manager then use Dolphin. Konqueror does a lot more
> than browsing, FTP client, embedded document viewer, smb capabilities
> and and so on.
>
> Personally I stick to Xfce, Midnight Commander and a bash screen ..
>
> http://enzosworld.gmxhome.de/

amicus fuddie (Bill Weisgerber) never used Linux. In fact, he knows nothing
about computing. He's in economics, yet he infiltrates a Linux forums where
he expresses his infatuation with Bill Gates. Both are obsessed with money
and fascism in industry.

The worst type of troll is the troll who does not know what s/he is talking
about, so the /content/ is replaced with prose.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    WARNING: /dev/null running out of space
Mem:    514480k total,   500480k used,    14000k free,     4628k buffers