Re: [News] Cybersource Calls Governments to Reject $3 Windows

  • Subject: Re: [News] Cybersource Calls Governments to Reject $3 Windows
  • From: "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 05:17:44 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
> Governments Must Reject Gates' $3 Bid to Addict Next Billion PC Users
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | "Microsoft's strategy of getting developing nations hooked on its
> | software was clearly outlined by Bill Gates almost a decade ago," said
> | Con Zymaris, CEO of long-standing open source firm Cybersource.
> |
> | Specifically, Bill Gates, citing China as an example, said:
> |
> |   "Although about 3 million computers get sold every year in China, but
> |   people don't pay for the software," he said. "Someday they will, though.
> |   As long as they are going to steal it, we want them to steal ours.
> |   They'll get sort of addicted, and then we'll somehow figure out how to
> |   collect sometime in the next decade."[1]
> `----
>
> http://www.cybersource.com.au/press/gates_set_to_addict_next_billion.html

For future reference, that quote was originally from 20/6/1998 issue of
Fortune Magazine, and the comment was made by Bill Gates talking to
business school students at the University of Washington.

Looks like the dealer is still trying the same old junkie tactic, nearly
a decade later. They'll be back in February claiming they don't do the
old drug any more; but they have a new, more toxic, and (of course) more
expensive one; then demand hundreds of dollars for the "fix".

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| I found [Vista] to be a dangerously unstable operating system,
| which has caused me to lose data ... unfortunately this product
| is unfit for any user. - [H]ardOCP, <http://tinyurl.com/3bpfs2>
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.20-1.2312.fc5
 05:16:31 up 13 days,  2:48,  5 users,  load average: 0.89, 1.59, 1.42