Re: Microsoft-Watch: Microsoft 'Profit Rise' Merely an Illusion

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft-Watch: Microsoft 'Profit Rise' Merely an Illusion
  • From: Larry Qualig <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 28 Apr 2007 06:05:29 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Apr 27, 8:26 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Microsoft Q3 2007 by the Numbers
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Microsoft's deferral, which the company took mainly for accounting
> | reasons, has a side benefit of making the Office 2007 and Windows
> | Vista launches look much larger than they really are, contributing
> | to overall 32 percent year-over-year income growth and 72 percent diluted
> | earning-per-share growth.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | Without the deferral, revenue growth would have been 17 percent,
> | which is in line with past performance.
> `----
>
> http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/corporate/microsoft_q3_2007_by...http://tinyurl.com/ypzhpm

So let's see what we have here...

1 - MSFT had to take the revenue deferral from the previous quarter.
It's mandatory because of SEC accounting regulations.

2 - Even without the deferral they still GREW at a rate of 17%. (This
number is wrong.. it's actually 25% - do the math yourself.)

Since they are growing at an annual rate of 17% where is this
imaginary collapse that you talk about day after day, week after week
and month after month?