Re: [News] General Manager of Microsoft Live Search Jumps Ship

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Saturday 28 April 2007 11:48 \__

>> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 27 April 2007 09:13 \__
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> A grease gun strapped to a very large and not-so-comfy armchair.  Mr
>>> Ballmer's greatest weapon - the comfy armchair...
>>
>> They are killing Novell, but we have no choice but to help them put Novell
>> to rest. Why oh why did the execs sell out? I bet it's all a mafia-like
>> story with some under-the-table benefits, but there's no concrete proof
>> like a smoking gun.
>
> There absolutely is concrete proof - the bonuses of the executives were
> published recently, and were a direct result of the Microsoft deal.

There is no explicit statement which says so, in which case it's a "baseless
speculation". Then again, IANAL.

Earlier today I spotted this one:

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/finance/news/rss/story/*http://biz.yahoo.com/e/070427/novl8-k.html

A lot of people at the top get benfits while the company is going down (gets
delisting warnings from the NASDAQ, just like SCO). Luckily, our site gets
the whole thing documented.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"
  2:00pm  up 13 days 13:28,  5 users,  load average: 1.07, 0.99, 0.92