Re: [News] Analyst: Novell to See No Light Any Time Soon

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Saturday 28 April 2007 06:16 \__

>> Is Novell Poised for a Turnaround? It Doesn't Look Like It
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Is this the same Novell that in every quarter for more than a year
>> | either missed analysts' targets or made disappointing forecasts? Is
>> | this the same Novell where less than 10 percent of annual revenue
>> | is actually open source-related? Is this the same Novell that upset
>> | the open source community by signing away its soul to Microsoft?
>> `----
>>
>> http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070427/33755_id.html?.v=1
>>
>> That's what one gets for 'getting together' with Microsoft.
>
> Ballmer's bribe didn't help then?
>
> Well ... it helped Ballmer, certainly.

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070426/33579_id.html?.v=1

[Ballmer:] "If somebody came to you and said you have a new competitor that
has no price and has no cost structure you might stay up a night or two on
that one."

Google has made him lose some sleep. I'm telling you, that guy is mental.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Digits 772-777 of Pi are 999999
Cpu(s):  23.6% user,   3.1% system,   0.6% nice,  72.7% idle