Re: Microsoft Uses 'Reboot Hell' Against Its Volunteers

__/ [ Robert Newson ] on Thursday 26 April 2007 21:28 \__

> nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> What gets me is the incredible stinginess of this!  What a way to say
>> thanks for beta testing!  Why would anyone do it for them?  I wouldn't.
>
> But isn't that what all the first purchasers of the next Windwos OS do for
> them? (And the SP1 upgraders...not to mention the SP2ers...)

I suspect, although I am not sure, that some of them (?) get Vista for free.
I just don't think that this approach is justifiable.

Earlier today I saw an article from the Inquirer Editor in Chief where he
blames DRM for this. I am tempted to believe that he totally confuses WGA
and DRM, which would make him look like a fool. He argues that apart from
the reboots, data will be /LOST/ as well.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Did anyone see my lost carrier?"
  2:05am  up 12 days  1:33,  5 users,  load average: 1.32, 1.09, 1.04