Re: Microsoft earnings today...

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft earnings today...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 22:17:44 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mike ] on Thursday 26 April 2007 21:16 \__

> "John Bailo" <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Mike wrote:
>>> So. What do we all think will happen? I'm guessing they will be below
>>> expectations. I'd be surprised if they were above. Apple would've given
>>> them something to aim at. I don't even think they were expecting such
>>> strong results out of Apple yesterday.
>>>

>> On second thought I don't think the Apple results were that great...with
>> Windows on the ropes, you'd think they'd be even more spectacular.
>>
>> I think people are still wanting a "third option" besides getting an
>> overburdened Vista machine, or trotting off the the iStore and having to
>> buy an artsy fartsy Mac.
>>
>> They are waiting for Dell to preinstall Linux I think.
>
> Earnings just came out. Looks like MSFT did better than expected. Most
> people seem surprised.

No, this was mentioned before (an article last week). They deliberately kept
hopes low. It makes them look better. The buybacks have a similar effect,
/but/...

Software Notebook: Microsoft's cash pile isn't what it used to be

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/309852_software02.html

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Warning 0x12C: ispell feels tired
Cpu(s):  22.9% user,   3.0% system,   0.7% nice,  73.4% idle