[News] Adobe Protest Highlights Dangers of Proprietary Software Lockins and Dependence

Battling Frenchwoman starts petition against Adobe

,----[ Quote ]
| More than 7,000 angry users have signed an online petition
| protesting against Adobe Systems' price hikes for European customers.
|
| [...]
|
| Once taxes are applied, the Brit user's eyes will be left watering
| as he or she gets handed a bill for 130 per cent more than an American.
`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2007/04/25/adobe_vs_the_europeans/

Related:

Adobe targets school kids to get them hooked on software

,----[ Quote ]
| Adobe is where the 'apps' are manufactured. These apps that have the
| power to make images appear before our children's eyes. "There were
| all these, like, stars, and they were rotating. It really captured
| my attention," said Nigel, 14, hardly more than a child, but with
| the vacant expression of a man who has spent hours looking at a
| screen. Nigel has now discovered he needs glasses.

Vista price petition pops up on Government site

,----[ Quote ]