[News] People Find Appeal in PlayStation3's Power (or Cell)

PS3 owners flock to health research program

,----[ Quote ]
| A month after Sony launched a PlayStation 3 update with support
| for the Folding@home distributed computing project, Stanford
| University is calling the response from console owners "phenomenal."
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1040_22-6179187.html

Also new:

How the Wii is creaming the competition

,----[ Quote ]
| Business 2.0 Magazine tells the inside story of how Nintendo
| outfoxed Sony and Microsoft and got itself back in the game.
`----

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/business2/business2_archive/2007/05/01/8405654/index.htm?postversion=2007042407

Intel plans PC on single chip

,----[ Quote ]
| In 2008, the company will ship its first Nehalem processors,
| which will be manufactured using a 45-nanometer process and
| include an integrated memory controller, eliminating the need
| for a front-side bus.
`----

http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=8641

Related:

Cure@PS3 Performance Update

,----[ Quote ]
| Not even a full day after the release of the Folding@Home
| client for the Playstation 3, the total computing power of
| a mere 6,860 Playstation 3 systems has surpassed that of
| a vast 158,806 Windows computers!
`----

http://clete2.com/2007/03/23/foldinghome-on-the-playstation-3-status-report/

PS3 Real-time Ray-tracing

,----[ Quote ]
| IBM Interactive Ray-tracer (iRT) using three Sony Playstation3s (PS3)
| to render a model that is 75x more complex then those used in
| today's games.
`----

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/NewsCom-33982.aspx

PS3 Yellow Dog Linux Install Videos

,----[ Quote ]
| Due to the demand on the PS3 forums I am making some install videos of
| Yellow Dog Linux. Sorry about the slightly shaky footage, since I was
| installing and holding the camera at the same time.
`----

http://fatpenguinblog.com/?p=798

PS3 Bests Wii And Xbox 360 In Play Pre-Orders

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.s-times.net/02172007/17/ps3_bests_wii_and_xbox_360_in_play_pre_orders