Re: [News] Vista: Tried It, Kicked It, Moved to GNU/Linux

  • Subject: Re: [News] Vista: Tried It, Kicked It, Moved to GNU/Linux
  • From: SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 20:39:38 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

<snip>

I got hold of a copy of Office2007 and installed it on my 2Ghz CPU Powered
512Mb Ram Systems XP partition. What a pig. By the time it installed I
could have cooked a three course meal and when I ran it for the first time
I couldn't find the menus. Turns out there is only one, and that has icons
for the average three year old. I did find out in Options (which is in a
most peculiar place) how to change the default save file format to .doc,
but enough was enough. Off it came and I went gratefully back to
OpenOffice. Everthing in its place and a place for everything.

I'm sure that some people may well like Office2007, but I'm not one of them.

Tim.