[News] [SOT] 'Funny Business' in Apple Settled; AMD Lets Intel Get Away with Illegal Kickbacks

SEC plans to file lawsuit against former Apple lawyer, settles with former
CFO in options case

,----[ Quote ]
| The U.S. attorney's office also is investigating Apple for the accounting
| shenanigans but declined to comment Monday about the status of its case.
`----

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Technology/SEC-plans-to-file-lawsuit-against-former-Apple-lawyer-settles-with-former-CFO-in-options-case/2007/04/24/1177180613339.html

AMD's CEO doesn't have Intel to kick around anymore

,----[ Quote ]
| "Our competitor did everything in their power to protect their monopoly,"
| Meyer said, during the call with analysts, but that was as far as the
| Intel bashing went. Ruiz decided against anti-trust complaints
| altogether, opting instead to talk about how AMD is "pretty pumped"
| about its asset light "opportunity" and how the company has learned
| from Charter, IBM and ATI.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/04/23/amd_ruiz_head/

No real justice?

Related:

Video: Henri Richard comes out swinging at Intel during AMD press conference

,----[ Quote ]
| [AMD's Henri Richard:] "I am sick and tired of being pushed around
| by a competitor that doesn't respect the rules of fair and open
| competition."
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Berlind/?p=363

AMD: Intel Destroyed Evidence in Antitrust Case

,----[ Quote ]
| In an unpublished statement to the U.S. District Court of Delaware,
| AMD alleges Intel allowed the destruction of evidence in pending
| antitrust litigation.

Investors sue Dell on payments from Intel: WSJ

,----[ Quote ]
| An investor lawsuit seeking class-action status accuses Dell Inc. of
| improper accounting in its relationship with chip giant Intel,
| according to a media report published Thursday evening.
|
| [...]
|
| The suit alleges that Dell received at times as much as $1 billion
| a year in "secret and likely illegal" kickbacks in the form of
| "e-Cap" or "exception to corporate average pricing" payments"
| from Intel to ensure that Dell used no other chip supplier,
| according to The Journal.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/investors-sue-dell-payments-intel/story.aspx?guid=%7B400315B0%2DE375%2D4920%2DB300%2D784220BEFE35%7D&siteid=yhoo&dist=yhoo

Lenovo got financial help from Intel, claim

,----[ Quote ]
| Journalists on the title said Lenovo is being paid a "pretty
| penny" from Intel to use its chips.

EU antitrust experts seek charges vs Intel-source

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20070117:MTFH01539_2007-01-17_10-23-02_BRU005303&type=comktNews&rpc=44