[News] Exploring KDE and Welcoming New Linux Users

The KDE 3.5 Control Center - Part 4 - KDE Components

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to part 4 of our series on the KDE 3.5 Control Center.
| In this part we will be covering is one of the easier to
| understand sections of the control center.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=230

New Ubuntu to try, and I'm still testing SimplyMEPIS

,----[ Quote ]
| Testing will have to wait though, because I'm still woking my wayt
| hrough SimpleMEPIS 6.5. SimpleMEPIS is based on the KDE window
| manager too, and in spite of a few interesting choices in terms
| of default tools, so far I've been pretty impressed.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/blogs/node/5407

Quote worthy:

http://emperor.tidbits.com/webx/.3c90d893/3?@909.D3KkbyuUFXE@

"With Vista, which is proving a compatibility nightmare for many
companies, a lot of companies are taking a second look at their
commitment to the Windows platform. They're looking at Linux and
Macintosh, and they like what they see."