Re: Ubuntu GNU/Linux a "Top-notch Product"

On 22 apr, 10:45, High Plains Thumper <highplainsthum...@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> > Ubuntu 7.04 Upgrade First Impressions
>
> > ,----[ Quote ]
> > | If you're considering the switch away from Windows, there is now even more
> > | incentive to make the switch. What are you waiting for!
> > `----
>
> >http://technical-itch.co.uk/2007/04/20/ubuntu-704-upgrade-first-impre...
>
> > Earlier today I came across a figure that's 20 million downloads.
>
> I was one of those downloads.

So was I :-)

I downloaded Linux mint (Bianca) and Kubuntu (Festy Fawn) yesterday
and despite the 20 million downloads, it took only about 15 minutes
until I was ready to burn the ISO image on a CDRW.

Festy Fawn detected all the hardware on Pleunix flawlessly (see
http://counter.li.org #394039) and what I found most interesting is
Festy Fawns speed. Geez have they boosted it up under the hood :-)

The boot process and overall response of the system in general has
been boosted discernible. You almost have the idea you are running it
from a hard disk in stead of a LiveCD.

It's obvius: Festy Fawn brings back fun to computing again (even
though it's running from a LiveCD).

With kind regards,

Marti van Lin
---
Goodbye openSUSE, hello Debian GNU/Linux, because Microvell is a lose
lose situation...